To be the center of innovation and development of remote sensing technology and application which contribute to the sustainable development.
- To develop remote sensing system and technology that is appropriate with the need of Indonesian development.
- To build networks and partnerships with existing institutions in Indonesia and abroad in developing remote sensing system and technology.
- To contribute in geomatics industry by developing remote sensing system and technology.
Programs and Activities
- Research and development activities to identify and classify multilevel land-use and land-cover.
- Development of low-cost handheld spectroradiometer.
- Establishment of spectral library and crop calendar.
- Development of image processing software for academic and geomatics-industry purpose.
- Development of new methods and techniques in image processing.
- Implementation of remote sensing system and technology for national purposes.
- Participation in national and international scientific meetings/symposium.
- Collaboration research activities with domestic or international partners.
- Community empowering activities, involving society in the implementation of remote sensing.
- Supporting research-based post-graduate education activities in the field of remote sensing.
- Development of geospatial big data.
- Collaboration with national governments in utilizing remote sensing in support of the sustainable development.
- Training, workshops and continuing education program.
- Supporting the government in establishing remote sensing policies, especially for the long-term plans in the development of earth-observation systems (satellite, airborne and terrestrial-based).